What If Anderson Silva Loses? Dana White Confirms Champ To Get Rematch In Case of UFC 162 Loss, Superfight if he Wins
If Anderson Silva loses this weekend he’ll know his next matchup right away according to Dana White during a meeting with media.
“I’d do the rematch the next fight,” White was quoted as saying. “Guy hasn’t lost in the UFC ever, has beat everybody. He loses that fight, he’s the guy for a rematch if he wants it.”
He also apparently will have an opponent lined up after a win as well as White has promised that Silva would engage in a superfight with a win over Weidman against either Georges St. Pierre or Jon Jones. Silva famously watched GSP defeat Carlos Condit at UFC 154, with many fans and media members expecting a superfight to be announced then and there, but nothing happened.
Last 5 posts by Scott "Kubryk" Sawitz
- What We Learned (UFC Fight Night 33 Edition) - Mark Hunt and Bigfoot Silva Take us To Valhalla, The "Return" of Shogun Rua, Pat Barry's Lights Out Moments and More - December 7th, 2013
- Invicta FC 7 Weigh Ins - Video Stream - December 7th, 2013
- UFC Fight Night 33 News, Notes, Odds and Ends - Night Bonuses, Gate, Attendance and Notes - December 7th, 2013
- Mark Hunt vs. Bigfoot Silva Judges Scorecards Released - December 7th, 2013
- UFC Fight Night 33 Results - Mark Hunt Finds a Bigfoot (And We Get The Fight of the year), Vintage Shogun Rua Returns For a Moment, Ryan Bader Steamrolls Anthony Perosh, Pat Barry Gets Starched And More - December 7th, 2013
Related Mixed Martial Arts Articles