Mark Hunt Turned Down Junior Dos Santos Fight, Overeem vs. JDS Postponed Until Summer
by Jon Kirschner on March 8, 2013

Quite the turn of events took place this past Thursday. It was earlier reported on Inside Fights that Alistair Overeem suffered an injury and would be forced out of his heavyweight contender fight with Junior Dos Santos at UFC 160. Sources have confirmed that the injury is a slight tear in his quad, and it will sideline him for four to five weeks. Mark Hunt was quick to volunteer, and told his followers to Twitter-Bomb boss-man Dana White.

Then things got weird.

When a fan asked Dana White on Twitter if it was true that Mark Hunt turned down the fight with Junior dos Santos after volunteering for it, White responded “With his win last week he broke into the top 10. He will get a top 10 fight but as of last nite he turned down JDS”.

Mark Hunt declined to comment on the matter. It is unknown why Hunt volunteered for the fight and then withdrew his offer.

As of now, however, Alistair Overeem will remain Junior dos Santos’ next opponent and their fight will take place in the summer of 2013.



Tags: , , ,

Related Mixed Martial Arts Articles

more articles »

Bethe Correia Focuses In On Ronda Rousey Ahead Of This Weekend's Fight Against Shayna Baszler

UFC Veteran Stephan Bonnar Signs With Bellator; Expected To Fight Tito Ortiz Imminently

Matt Brown Responds To Tyron Woodley's Challenge; Says He Prefers To Fight Carlos Condit

T.J. Dillashaw Says His Next Beating Of Barao Will Be Even Better Than The First

Jon Kirschner

view profile »

Recent Comments

Search Pulse

Author:

Zone:

Category:

So, with this Simple Jquery Modal Window, it can be in any shapes you want! Simple and Easy to modify : )