Renan Barao vs. Michael MacDonald To Happen in 2013
On the heels of Dominick Cruz’s knee injury taking him out for another year, Renan Barao will defend the interim bantamweight title after all. On UFC Tonight he announced that pending MacDonald’s health that the two will square off at some point in 2013 for the interim bantamweight title.
Renan Barao would become the first UFC interim champion to defend his title since Antonio Nogueira defended against Frank Mir at UFC 92 with the defense. MacDonald could become the youngest UFC divisional champion of all time with a win; Vitor Belfort holds the distinction with a tournament victory as a teenager.
Last 5 posts by Scott "Kubryk" Sawitz
- World Series of Fighting 7 - Live Video Stream - December 7th, 2013
- What We Learned (UFC Fight Night 33 Edition) - Mark Hunt and Bigfoot Silva Take us To Valhalla, The "Return" of Shogun Rua, Pat Barry's Lights Out Moments and More - December 7th, 2013
- Invicta FC 7 Weigh Ins - Video Stream - December 7th, 2013
- UFC Fight Night 33 News, Notes, Odds and Ends - Night Bonuses, Gate, Attendance and Notes - December 7th, 2013
- Mark Hunt vs. Bigfoot Silva Judges Scorecards Released - December 7th, 2013
Tags: Michael MacDonald, renan barao
Related Mixed Martial Arts Articles